Please join Sam Fox student groups ArchEngage, Alpha Rho Chi, and ASLA in a partnership with the Loop in celebrating PARK)ing Day. PARK(ing) Day is an annual event that encourages community members, students, and designers to transform metered parking spaces into temporary parklets in an effort to reimagine the possibilities for the urban landscape.
The event will be held in front of Great Rivers Greenway at 6178 Delmar from 11 AM to 6 PM. Please come by and join your fellow community members in an opportunity to consider the potential value in changing our cityscape footprint, and re-imagining it in a more community centered direction.
Here’s a summary of what is being planned. We will have updates leading up to the event:
11 AM to 12 PM
– Origami Folding, Games, Contribution Wall, Chalking the streetscape
12 PM to 1 PM
– Painting rotational activity
1 PM – 4 PM
– Miscellaneous activities, potential of re-organization of floor plan in-between.
4 PM – 5 PM
– Student group music event
5 PM – 6 PM
– Student group music event.