Don’t let the heat interfere with your fun this weekend and come see us in the Delmar Loop. Here are 5 suggestions. If you are looking for a DIY experience, there are 150 restaurants, shops and entertainment venues to choose from:
1. Support the Farmers! Our area farmers have had a difficult time this growing season with all of the rain but they are still coming to the U. City Farmers Market and have fresh produce and other items for you. The market opens at 9 AM so you can beat the heat. There’s also yoga and live music with the Ramblin’ Rosies. Their Facebook page is the best place to find updates and more information.
2. Party Like It’s 1969! The Moonrise Hotel launches a party that is out of this world this weekend to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing. The party is from 4 PM to 7 PM and includes a costume contest, delicious, free mini moon pies for all attendees, a free photo booth, themed, commemorative t-shirts for sale, live DJs
moon-themed cocktails and shots, more surprises in store! PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A 21 AND OLDER EVENT (sorry kiddies). More information at the Moonrise Hotel’s website.
3. 100 SPF Coverage. Don’t worry about sunscreen just duck into Craft Alliance, 6640 Delmar for the Biennial Faculty Exhibition now through August 11. The Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design Education Centers serves adults and children annually through instruction and demonstration by professional artists in clay, glass, metal, fiber, wood and 2D. This biennial juried exhibition represents the quality work created by their teaching artists, who have been inspired in the studios of Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design. Hours are 10 AM to 6 PM. More information here.
4. Be a Night Owl. The Tivoli Theatre, 6350 Delmar, hosts the Reel Late series on Fridays and Saturdays at 11:55 PM. This week it’s offering screenings of “Fight Club” with Brad Pitt and Edward Norton. Tickets and other show information are available here.
5. It’s Boiling! Summer is the perfect time to have someone else cook dinner. If you haven’t tried Krab Kingz, 5860 Delmar, their Krab Kingz boiled menu includes Snow Crab, Lobster Tail, Large Shrimp, and more. You can dine in or carry out. Visit their website for more information.
We hope to see you all soon, have a great weekend!