Light Up The Loop is Saturday, November 30!
Visit The Loop on Saturday, November 30th so you don’t miss the old-fashioned holiday lights on one of the 10 Great Streets in America! Get that small town holiday feeling while shopping for one-of-a kind gifts in The Loop’s boutiques and galleries. Treat yourself to a day of international shopping, entertainment, and dining experience. Unique Gifts to Buy, Holiday Treats to Taste, and Fun Things to Do!
- Meet Santa at Miss M’s Candy Boutique from 1-3pm, or sit in his sleigh with him for a photo and meet one of his live reindeer outside Fitz’s from 3-5pm!
- Christmas tree lighting outside Fitz’s at 5pm
- Menorah Lighting and Blessing at Market In the Loop
- Also, check out our Donation Drive for Operation Food Search here:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
11am- Holiday stories and poems by Susan Trowbridge Adams
Noon- University City High School Orchestra performance (Market in The Loop), free hot chocolate at The Melting Pot
1pm- COCA’s Allegro Singers (Market in The Loop), Missouri Ballet (Fitz’s), Meet Santa at Miss M’s Candy Boutique, free hot chocolate at the Melting Pot, Big Shark Mini Bike Race Course, Live-Action Holiday Animation featuring tableaux of beloved characters, scenes and nativities from comics at Star Clipper, Joe Mohr recommending books at Subterranean Books
2pm- Meet Santa at Miss M’s Candy Boutique, Big Shark Mini Bike Race Course, Joe Mohr and Scott Phillips recommending books at Subterranean Books, Live-Action Holiday Animation featuring tableaux of beloved characters, scenes and nativities from comics at Star Clipper
3pm- Meet Santa and one of his reindeer, plus have your picture taken with him in his sleigh, face painter (Fitz’s); Scott Phillips recommending books at Subterranean Books
4pm- Meet Santa and one of his reindeer, plus have your picture taken with him in his sleigh, face painter (Fitz’s), Holiday Photo Shoot Party at Calla Lily Boutique
5pm- Christmas tree lighting (Fitz’s), Holiday Photo Shoot Party at Calla Lily Boutique
6:00- Holiday Photo Shoot Party at Calla Lily Boutique
6:30 pm- Mr. T performs at Chinese Noodle Cafe
7pm- Celebrate the Jewish holiday of Chanukah with a the lighting of a 9 foot Menorah sponsored by Chabad on Campus. Featuring live music, chocolate coins (“gelt”), and more. (Market in The Loop)
INDIVIDUAL LOOP BUSINESS DEALS, SPECIALS, & EVENTS INCLUDE:
- Baked T’s: win up to a 25% discount from their grab bag of discount coins
- Big Shark: 10% off all bikes and accessories. 50% off sale apparel. 1-3pm: mini bike race course: Race against the clock and take on short, windy and fun mini bike race course. Big Shark will provide Helmet and Mini Bike for participants to use. All participants will receive a cycling race bib Race Number and Free “Born to Race” T-shirts for all children.
- Blue Bird Apparel: 50% off sale items, 15% off storewide, plus $100 and $200 purchases come with mystery grab bags
- Calla Lily Boutique: Specialty holiday treats, gifts, dresses, and giveaways, light refreshments; Holiday Photo Shoot Party from 4-7pm including mini makeovers, holiday looks, holiday dresses, photographer
- Chinese Noodle Café: Performance by Mr. T at 6:30pm
- Chuck Berry Plaza: ice sculpture by Ice Visions, winter-themed cutout photo opportunities
- Compônere: Free hot spiced cider and cookies, 10% off storewide
- Craft Alliance: annual student/faculty craft sale, and receipts from the craft sale get you 20% off in the Gallery Shop
- Devil City: 30% off purchase, plus free Devil City t-shirt with $25 purchase
- Good Works: gift with any purchase over $150 and additional discounts on select furniture & accessories
- GoMusicStL: discounted Holiday Starter Packs, practice amps, strings, picks, & more; 10% off Alvarez products, plus a free kit bag
- HSB Tobacconist: 50% off humidors, 25% off hookahs, 10% off cigars
- Miss M’s: 15% off select items, plus free samples, treats, games, raffles, more
- Mission Taco Joint: buy a $50 gift card, get a free $10 gift card
- Operation Food Search fundraising competition
- Pita Pit: $4.99 pitas all day
- Pizazz Furniture: 25% off one in-stock item
- Serendipity Gallery: live 3D paper artist Joshua Dehne, plus candy canes and an ugly Christmas sweater couple cutout – pose for a Polaroid!
- Silver Lady: sale on silver and stainless steel rings
- Snarf’s: free Zapp’s chips and fountain drink with purchase of a sandwich or salad
- Sole & Blues: donate a gently used coat, get 5% off
- Subterranean Books: Authors Joe Mohr and Scott Phillips recommend books to shoppers from 1-4pm
- Three Kings Public House: buy a $50 gift card, get a free $10 gift card
- Vapor Exchange: egg nog and cookies, free gift with $50/$100 purchases, illumination of the store
Loop businesses will host a friendly competition against each other to generate donations for Operation Food Search with a Virtual Food Drive. For every $1 donated, Operation Food Search is able to purchase $22 worth of food to provide to local families in need. With food banks approaching an all-time low in reserves, now is the time to help The Loop accomplish its goal of raising $5,000 for needy families. With your help and the collective buying power of Operation Food Search, together we can donate $110,000 worth of food during this holiday season! http://
Style in The Loop
The Delmar Loop’s annual fashion event is partnering with Alive Magazine and part of St. Louis Fashion Week. On Sunday, September 29th from 1 to 6 p.m., there will be 10 designers showcasing their work,
a street festival and a fashion show starting at 4 p.m.
Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door.
Get your tickets today at Devil City at 6301 Delmar Blvd. or online at www.stlouisfashionweek.com
Don’t Miss These Events!
PRE-SHOW COCKTAIL PARTY AND FASHION SHOW CHECK-IN AT NICO (6525 Delmar)! Includes drink specials and a performance by Mo Egeston’s Groove Session.
RUNWAY SHOW – on Delmar in front of Meshuggah Cafe at 4pm – tickets available at the above link or at Devil City (6301 Delmar). Participating designers include Michelle Sansone, Michael Shead, Jessica Affsprung, Whitney Manney, Conjetta, Devil City, Scarlett Designs, Ashley Ulicni, AJ Thouvenot, and Mekhat. The fashion show will also feature special performances by the Missouri Ballet Theatre.
STYLE IN THE LOOP AFTER-PARTY- Starting immediately after the fashion show on the rooftop terrace at the Moonrise Hotel! DJ, plus Style in the Loop drink specials.
Cocktailz A Beauty Bar Style in The Loop Extravaganza
The Delmar Loop’s Third Annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival
Get Your Chalk On!
The Delmar Loop’s Third Annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival
It’s time once again to Get Your Chalk On! The Delmar Loop hosts its 3rd annual chalk festival on August 31st (rain date: Sept. 1st) at the Chuck Berry Statue, 6555 Delmar, from 9AM – 5PM.
Artists will register and compete in one of four categories:
Best of The Loop Theme: The Loop was designated “One of the 10 Great Streets in America” by the American Planning Association. Show us what you love most about The Loop!
Chalk of Fame: Choose an inductee from the St. Louis Walk of Fame and portray an important aspect of his or her life or achievements through chalk.
Visit stlouiswalkoffame.org/inductees/ for information about the inductees.
Most Creative: What would you like to share with us? This category is up to you!
Chalk Land: Chalking space for children ages 12 and under!
Entry Fees for Artists (includes all supplies):
$10 for adults (ages 18 and up)
$8 for students (ages 13-18)
$6 for children (12 and under)
Free for spectators!
The winning artists in each category will be featured on The Loop’s website with photos of their winning artwork, artistic biographies,
and links to their portfolios or personal websites. Winners will also receive cash prizes, as well as gift certificates from a variety of Loop businesses.
To register, entrants should go to VisitTheLoop.com/about/events/.
After registration is complete, artists should print out the confirmation of payment and bring it along with them to the event check-in at 9AM on August 31st at the Chuck Berry Statue.
On the morning of the event, participants will receive chalk and designated areas where they can get their chalk on!